1. Largest collection of Santa Claus memorabilia: Jean-Guy Laquerre (Canada) has 25,104 different items of Santa Claus memorabilia, as of 30 November 2010, that he has been collecting since 1988. His collection includes 2,360 figurines, 2,846 cards and postcards from 33 counties, 1,312 serviettes and 241 pins and brooches.
2. Largest gathering of Santa’s elves: Nearly 800 people in Bridgend, south Wales, set a new world record for the largest gathering of people dressed as Christmas elves. The previous world record of 607 was set in New York City in December 2009.
3. Largest Santa: A Santa measuring 15.6 m (51 ft) high, 11 m (36 ft) wide and 4 m (13 ft) deep stood at the entrance to the Tanglin Mall, Singapore, from November 10, 1996 to January 3, 1997. It weighed 2.5 tonnes and was constructed from polyfoam and metal.
4. Oldest Christmas tree: Every year, Janet Parker of Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK, puts up her Christmas tree, which was purchased – possibly from Woolworths – for her Great Aunt in 1886. Standing 30 cm (12 in) high in an ornate pot, it gets decorated with cherubs and the Virgin Mary.
5. Largest Christmas stocking: The largest Christmas stocking measured 32.56 m (106 ft 9 in) long and 14.97 m (49 ft 1 in) wide (heel to toe) and was made by the Children’s Society (UK) in London, UK on 14 December 2007
6. Largest advent calendar: The largest advent calendar is 71 m (232 ft 11 in) high and 23 m (75 ft 5 in) wide and was built at St Pancras station, London, UK, to commemorate the station’s refurbishment in December 2007
7. Fastest marathon dressed as Santa Claus: The fastest marathon dressed as Santa Claus is 2 hr 55 min 50 sec and was achieved by Paul Simons (UK) at the Flora London Marathon, London, UK, on 26 April 2009
8. Most Christmas Number One singles in the UK chart: The Beatles have had four festive number ones: ‘I Wanna Hold Your Hand’ which went to No.1 on 12 December 1963, ‘I Feel Fine’ (10 December 1964), ‘Day Tripper/We Can Work it Out’ (16 December 1965) and finally ‘Hello Goodbye’ (6 December 1967)
9. Largest gathering of Santa Clauses: The largest gathering of Santa Clauses was achieved by 13,000 participants in the Guildhall Square in Derry City, Northern Ireland, UK, on 9 December 2007
10. The most Christmas trees chopped in two minutes is 27 by Erin Lavoie (USA) achieved on the set of Guinness World Records in Germany, on 19 December 2008